Arm broken - Drawings?

Dear all,
one of our Line-us robots broke its arm. Are you maybe providing the drawings of the arm in order to laser-cut a new one? We’ve got a workshop on Wednesday.
Em

Which arm is it? Could you send a photo?

coincidentally, i just noticed i broke an arm as well. going to try some super glue but is it possible to order a replacement part as well? i broke the long “main” arm w/ the pen holder.

@beardicus I’ll put on in the mail to you. Just one thing to bear in mind when replacing it - it’s best to push the bearings out of the main arm leaving them on the pins on the short arms. The fit on the pins is quite tight so it’s difficult to get them off without breaking the pins. I’ll send you the complete assembly anyway but it’s a bit more complicated to replace the complete arm assembly. Same address as your original order?

@emnullfuenf Let me know which one is broken for you - happy to also send a replacement but if you need it more urgently you should be able to cut one.

thank you… it broke right on one of the pivot points and my epoxy repair attempt has already failed. :frowning:

same address would be wonderful. thanks again, i appreciate it.

@beardicus Just posted this morning so will be with you in about a week all being well.

The joint on the upper arm is broken. Here’s an image.

We managed the workshop with 4 bots and a uArm.

@emnullfuenf Thanks for the photo. That’s a reasonably complicated repair as you have to separate the two orange parts of the U section to get the arms off from the servo. If you’re up for giving it a try I can send you the arm, or you’re welcome to send the machine back to me and I’ll repair it here. Let me know either way.

Hello,

My arm is broken too.
Can I fix it?

Many thanks,

Yes, definitely! Could you post a photo so i can see which bit needs replacing?

Thanks a lot Rob.
Please find the photo attached.

Thanks very much - the best option is probably for you to send it back to us and we’ll replace the arm for you (it is possible for you to repair it yourself but its a reasonably complicated repair - let me know if you’re up for it!). I’ll drop you an email with the return details.

Hello. I’ve just gotten a Line-us and the arm has arrived broken (a snap on one of the pin joins). I have foolishly attempted a fix and have invariably made things worse… Advice on what to do next in terms of return or replacement would be greatly appreciated. Stu.

Hi Stu, really sorry about that. If you could drop us an email at help@line-us.com we’ll get it sorted out for you.

Oh, and in my opinion it’s never foolish to attempt to fix things :slight_smile: #rightorepair

Always the right… but only sometimes the ability :wink: … Will drop you a line. Thanks for the help…

Hello everyone, last year one arm broke and I tried to fix it, as I couldn’t, I ended up letting it stand, however this week I tried to use Line-us again, but the other arm also broke.
Do you know how I can replace it? Have for sale?

My arm has also broken.
Could you @Line-us folk, would someone be able to email be back so I can get this fixed?

picture here

I also got a broken arm unfortunately.
How did you fix it?

Rob repaired my drawbot.

1 Like