Line-us SVG Plotter

Not sure whether we have any SVG experts on the forum, but it looks like the SVG Plotter is having trouble with this a24.55,24.55,0,0,0,3.71,4.17,68.31,68.31,0,0,0,6.31,4.78,12.75,12.75,0,0,0,5.14,2.1 in a which seems to be three arc commands but concatenated (each arc command should have seven parameters so the a for the second and third arcs is omitted). If you put the two missing
a in the SVG plotter is happy. Most things that read SVG seem ok with the syntax without though so just wondering whether anyone know whether it’s valid…?

Sorry to keep replying to myself, but probably should have looked at the spec before asking! It is valid:

https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/paths.html#Introduction

A command letter may be eliminated if an identical command letter would otherwise precede it; for instance, the following contains an unnecessary second “L” command:

M 100 200 L 200 100 L -100 -200
It may be expressed more compactly as:
M 100 200 L 200 100 -100 -200

I’ll have a look at it tomorrow. The plotter is based on the Geomerative library for Processing. I’ll test the SVG.

That’s fantastic - let me know if there’s anything I can help with.

I’ve included two examples below - the first has the a repeated and the second uses the compact syntax (you should be able to right click to download).

RepeatedCommandExample
IdenticalCommandExample

Hi @rob, not sure if this is of any help but in trying to work through the various bugs, putting in error checking and updating for Processing 3 I’ve forked the repo.

I’ve made one opinionated change by adding some basic UI elements using Interfacia

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom, that’s fantastic - I’ll give it a try and let you know how I get on.

@emnullfuenf hello!
Thanks for developing this and I’m so keen on using line-us with svgs, but am having the same problem with the program freezing ( and not plotting ) on both windows and mac.

Have tried both connection types (local and IP) on both windows and mac, and each time with the venn diagram the connection works, the text goes green, but then nothing and freeze on plot.

Any help much appreciated :slight_smile:

Keen to see this work.

Thanks in advance,
Dodgy Roger