Plotting my drawing with line-us

Hi,
I recently bought a line-us-tool.

When I opend the app I discovered that there is no possibility to import a drawing (png, pdf, svg or jpg file) to plot with line-us. Actually to work with my own handmade drawings was the reason to buy the tool. I´m very disappointed about that fact.

I´m not a developer or engineer, but I want to use line-us as a plotter. I like the idea and the small size of the line-us.

In the forum I read there is a chance to plot a via Inkscape. So I copied the extension files into the directory listed at Edit; Preferences; System: User extensions and restart. I opend LineUsTestDrawing.svg file. Then I opend Extensions; Export; Plot… (There is no special selection, like „plotter line-us").

I get always the following information:
„Inkscape has received additional data from the script executed. The script did not return an error, but this may indicate the results will not be as expected.“
And:
„Traceback (most recent call last):

File "plotter.py", line 268, in <module>

e.affect()

File "inkex.py", line 283, in affect

self.effect()

File "plotter.py", line 98, in effect

self.sendHpglToSerial()

File "plotter.py", line 199, in sendHpglToSerial

if ‘ould not open port’ in inst.strerror:

TypeError: argument of type ‘NoneType’ is not iterable“

I have no idea, what this means.

Hope you can give me advise.

All the best Karl

Hi Karl,

I’d suggest giving Michael Zöllner’s SVG patter a try as it’s probably a bit simpler than the Inkscape route. There are installers for Mac and Windows here and some instructions here that should get you started.

Let me know how it goes.

…rob